what i wore to pre-school open house...

Oct 7, 2010



 this yummy blazer was totally not cute when i snagged it from my local thrift store.... i just knew it was meant for greatness!
 i took it home and ripped it apart... literally
i took in the shoulders
made the sleeves super skinny...
and darted the back so it would flare just a bit.
 ooo! these are my freaking shoes and i still ogle them! Aldo clearance $20

long necklace Macy's $3, Endure to the end necklace $7 (i think) Deseret Book

 striped tee H&M $4, skinny jeans w/ ankle zips Urban Behavior $4.99, chunky coral ring $1 forever21, chipped nail polish priceless (i am chasing Cora to get my camera back!)

i am Still hating my hair, my 4 yr old snapped this pic literally 5 mins after she took the other pics... busted... still trying to pick new hair from all of your great suggestions!

~selina

the pleated poppy blog

9 comments :

  1. Foxy lady!! Love how the whole outfit cost, like, nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you modified the blazer. I may have to try that.

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh that outfit is fabulous. I bet all the other moms hated you...and $5 jeans? Since when?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous!!! I love it! I wish I could find some awesome sales like you found. I def need to start going out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness you're absolutely adorable! i'm very envious of your sewing skills, i've picked up 3 blazers thrifting these past few months and would love to have that kind of skill to transform them as you did. sigh... maybe i should have payed attention when my mom tried to teach me how to sew ;).
    but seriously love the outfit, you've given me some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE move to Utah. Come On....pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous outfit! Love the shoes and stripped tee! Love it all actually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. as far as your hair goes... i thought it was cute when you were taking pictures outside = ) but if you're mulling over ideas... i don't know how you feel about dreadlocks but i'm doing that to my hair (because i've wanted them for like 15 years and i'm finally going for it!) and it is seriously very liberating. i'm half way done, they take forever if you're doing it yourself, without any product and with 2 kids under the age of 4... but i can't wait to see how they evolve.

    great ideas, great clothes, great blog!

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |