Guest post; Ashley from Flats to Flip Flops....

Nov 16, 2011

hey guys! we want to introduce you to a blog buddie of ours... Sophie has been having a super rough time adjusting after baby number 2 and it has me thinking about how totally hard that transition can be... we wanted to have a few bloggy mommies talk about their tips for making that adjustment.. So take it away Ashley!




Hi everyone, my name is Ashley and I blog over at flats to flip flops.  I am "momma" to two sweet kids, a mischievous boy, age 3 1/2 and a sassy girl, 16 months.  At flats to flip flops I focus on fashion for moms and their kiddos as well as life lessons learned along the way as a stay at home mom to two little ones!  Go ahead and check it out!
Thanks to the SISTERS for letting me guest post today!  I have been a fan of their blog for so long! Today the theme is CHANGE.  And what, I daresay, is a bigger change than when you become a mother?  Your emotions change(just ask my hubby), your priorities change(your new bundle of joy needs you for EVERYTHING) and as you change so does your fashion! I'm not gonna lie, it takes me a while to get my groove back after having a baby.  BUT I would venture to say that when it does, it comes back even better than it was before!  So here are a few of my tips for bringing back the style after having a baby(or for anytime you are in a slump): 1.  CHANGE it up! Step back from your closet and look at it with new eyes. Can you wear your old clothes in a new way?  Or try changing things up by stealing things from your hubby's side of the closet!  Here I helped myself to his sweater AND his plaid button down.  I paired them with skinnies,cinched the sweater with a belt and added bigger earrings to make it more feminine.
2.  Use your CHANGE!  I am a newbie to the thrifting world, but I love it.  You can find some great pieces at your local thrift stores and at a crazy good price.  I got the Red Blazer below at a local thrift store for $6.00 and now it is a major staple in my wardrobe.
 3.  Don't be afraid of CHANGE!  There is always the newest and latest items when it comes to fashion.  If something jumps out at you don't be afraid to try it.  I believe fashion = fun, so have fun with it!  Below I gave animal print a try(which was a stretch for me) as well as some patterned tights(or "lady of the night" tights as we jokingly call them)...BUT I ended up loving the outcome!
4.  Save your CHANGE!  I love browsing blogs like Sisters 4 Say More is More for DIY ideas!  A lot of times I have the items I need for a DIY around the house. And we all know how much an accessory can instantly make an outfit.  Especially with sites like Pinterest, where ideas are in abundance, you can find that perfect accessory DIY to transform any boring outfit.  Here are a few DIY's that I have attempted and they both cost me less than $5.00! 
  So whether you are facing a change, need a change, or looking to save some change, EMBRACE it!  LOVE it!  ENJOY it!  By doing that, getting your style groove back after any CHANGE is that much more fun and rewarding! 


thanks Ashley! 
you totally rock girl!
~selina

2 comments :

  1. virginia predelliNovember 18, 2011

    Congratulation for the puppy!!! :)
    your blog is fantastic! I can't stop reading it!!!! :)
    kiss
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |