The "make do" challenge

Sep 20, 2012

I like to shop. 
That is pretty obvious. 
I don't like to spend a lot of money when I shop .
Also, pretty obvious. 

So much freedom comes from being wise with money. 
The problem of growing up with no money is you never have any to budget.  So, unfortunately budgeting doesn't come very naturally to me. The main money lesson I learned was how to hunt and find inexpensive things... a skill that I am very happy to have.

So while lying in bed I decided to give myself (and my sisters) a challenge.

THE "MAKE DO" CHALLENGE

You know "Make do, or do without"?

The Rule:
No shopping (for clothing) for 30 days.

Now for some of you this would not be that hard but for me this is going to be a bit tough.
The reasons I want to do this are
1. To take time to refashion and create.
2. To use what I have to find my personal style.
3. To save money.
4. To see if I can. 

I want to prove to myself that one of my favorite hobbies is something that I am in charge of. 
Have you ever bought that shirt just because it was 5.00 but it wasn't what you were looking for and didn't make any sense in your wardrobe??
I also want to take a break from shopping so I can find out what the items are that will make what I already have work even better. 

READERS: Join in on the challenge and post your outfit recreations, refashions, personal style, and thoughts. Send links to sisters4saymoreismore@gmail.com and we would love to feature your fabulousness!

Grab a "make do" button and make sure to link back to our blog!


How will you make do?
~Sophie (Sister #2)

2 comments :

  1. Clarissa RiversOctober 10, 2012

    I really like this idea. But I have enough clothing that I could wear something different every day of the month and never repeat or want for clothing (that says something right there about my buying habits...) how can we make this challenge harder? :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am in...hoping to start my thirty days today. but considering i have a few items i ordered last week that are in transit...maybe that will hold me over? or does it not count lol

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |