A pillowcase dress: simple, sweet.... and painfully easy.

Jul 25, 2010


ok... so i know this is totally not news... alot of people know how to make this simple dress and it is perfect for beginners.... it only recently dawned on me that its called a pillow case dress because you can make it out of a PILLOW CASE... so i bought a couple and gave it a try... too freaking easy!


You can find some easy instructions Here.
Tip:  when you are making the straps cut the ribbon for each side in half and sew in two inches of elastic. This way you can leave the dress tied and stretch it over your child's head ... and you don't have to worry about sewing in any elastic on your dress.
I made a dress for each of my girls with these 1.00 thrifted pillowcases.
yummy yellow vintage looking goodness...

try one!

~selina (sis#1)

6 comments :

  1. Such a great idea. I'm going to make one for my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! The yellow is a perfect color for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you made that out of a pillowcase! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses turned out great and "the model" is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when I click on the link to find how to make it it doesnt work. I would love to try to make this for my neice!

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |