warm smokey eye tutorial

Sep 3, 2010

here it is... 
i am a mom by profession and a freelance Make-up artist for fun... i get phone calls from different make-up counters in my area to come in and do events or on call work... i LOVE it! i learn so much every time i work and i can work as little or as often as i want... the perfect job...

i received a few comments about this smokey eye when i did the zipper earrings post

i thought i would re-create it step by step on my friend and show you what colors and products i used...
(i changed it a bit) 
 i hope you will all try it and maybe see what other color combo's you can use to achieve this look


LETS GET STARTED!
first you will need a base or "primer"
i used MAC paint in "painterly"

next using a "c" shaped blending brush apply the dark brown/plum shadow from the crease to the lash line
i used MAC "sketch"

next take a soft fluffy brush and apply a copper shade just above the crease on the bone creating a "halo", sweep back and forth to blend
i used MAC "coppering"

next take a yellow gold and sweep it from the inside tear ducts to about 1/3 of the way over your lid
i used MAC "goldmine"

next take a neutral shade slightly lighter than your skin tone and blend from your eyebrow into your copper shadow to soften
i used MAC "blank type"

next take your "angle" brush and tap your dark brown shadow under your lower lashes from the outside corner 1/3 of the way across then add the copper in the center 1/3


fun trick!!!! put some creamy white eyeliner along the tear duct
i used MAC "fascinating"

press in your gold shadow right over the top of the white eyeliner with an angle brush or even a lip brush

THE most important part of making a smokey eye "smokey" is lining the "water line" apply black water resistant eyeliner liberally on the inside of your bottom lashes and then squeeze your eyes shut tight to blend
i used e.l.f. cream eyeliner in black with a tiny angled brow brush

a little more black liner just in your top lashes
clean up with a little concealer *do your face last when you do a smokey eye*
lots of mascara
so pretty!

i think she likes it...

here are all the things i used

what do you think? more tutes? send us a request... i have plenty of looks up my sleeve...
~selina (sis#1)

15 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! I have similar shades to all those used...I may have to give this a try!

    My vote is yes, keep the tutorials coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how all those colors come together so beautifully in the end. In the beginning, I was like, WHOA NELLY! What is she doing? But I know that you're amazing and voila...you proved it. Tiffany's eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please! More make-up tutorials! (And pick me next...I could use all the help I could get!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Yup- do more tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jennie. At first I was thinking, "holy crap, what are you doing?" I was also thinking "your eyes look like your mom's." Then I realized it wasn't you or your mom (weird), and it doesn't look crazy but looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I need to learn how to do make-up



    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your look. I gave it a try but with my eskimo eyes and lighter shades of shadow mine didn't come out nearly as awesome as your. I'll have to try it out again sometime.

    :-)

    http://inkcicles.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-dont-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great tutorial - very detailed and love the pictures too! They are incredibly useful. please keep the tutorials coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selina, you post was timely. I needed a eye shadow base and ended up getting the MAC painterly. I was a little confused cuz the 'painterly' came in a pot, not a tube, but I got it and it works great! You go to a lot of trouble to help others be fashionable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Really brings out the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! Thank you for your post keep them coming!! I need all the help I can get on makeup!!

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |