let me tell you a story... about a van and a beautiful pair of shoes

May 21, 2010

This is a post that i wrote almost 2 yrs ago  on my personal blog about beautiful shoes... and mini vans

Just a little background before i start complaining.... i drove a sky-blue Toyota Previa in high school so l love mini vans... its not about the van really, its how i receive the van every WED morning. The van belongs to my father in law but i use it on a daily basis and he uses it tues night and sat morning...

THIS is how it looks... who needs carseats when my kids could just sit on newspaper bundles....

Literally, not a stitch of garbage in this van belongs to me or my children and the worst part is i always forget its gonna be like this, so im running out the door trying to get Eva to school on time and i have to heave these bundles over the backseat (that weigh as much as i do, by the way) i want to SCREAM!

people must really think i "live in a van down by the river" (as  the late Chris Farrley would say)

too bad i dont care that it looks as if i spend so much money on shoes that i live in my van and recycle news-papers to get my 'fix'....

Speaking of shoes check out these beauties....



now, wipe the drool off your face and pay close attention.....
these shoes almost cost me my life,

alright maybe not my life but seriously i nearly caused a five car pile up. i was driving home from work daydreaming about BOGO when i realized the four cars ahead of me were stopped at a light. No big deal i had plenty of room and time to stop. so i go to take 
my foot off the gas and my beautiful new guess pump slips and my heel catches under the gas pedal it was literally stuck so i start screaming obscenities and bracing my self for impact with the bumper of a little yellow Mustang... just in time i pulled my foot out, slammed on the brakes and screeched to a halt. i was shaking the whole rest of the way home...
LESSON: when breaking in brand new heals, always bring driving flats (of course if you get pulled over switch them back quickly)





Last but not least i had to post this picture because Syd literally burst into hysterical laughter when i pulled up to her house with the van looking like this.. i hadn't even noticed and drove around the entire day before like this and was too lazy to care at that point... the one day my husband drives the van he parks under a light post....... Cora says "Naughty burdy! no poo poo on da car, poo poo in da potty!"



2 comments :

  1. This is freaking HILARIOUS!! Seriously girl you are so stinkin funny, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was meandering through this blog of sisters enjoyinga all the fashion and loveliness. This story sort of made me fall in love with you. I am now a big fan. OH, and I love the whole sisters thing. My sister would never do anything this fun with me.

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |