DIY: Earing Frame Fabulousness... you need to make this.

Jun 11, 2010

Everyone needs this on their dresser!

1. Start out with a regular frame with out the glass in it. Mine was meant to hold an 8*10 picture but an even BIGGER frame would be even more fantastic.
2. Measure the frame across and cut out three strips of lace. I needed less than a yard of lace for this frame size.
3. Using the frame backing as your guide cut out fabric leaving it an extra inch bigger all the way around. Pin your strips across the fabric. Space them according to your frame size.
4. Sew or hot glue your lace down.
5. Line up your fabric on the frame backing and flip it over.
6. Hot glue the fabric around the edges.
7. Next I painted the frame with a color called "raspberry wine" then I had the song "Strawberry Wine" stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
8. Put the frame backing in the frame and TA DA! Done.

I'm constantly looking for ways to be more organized with the mess of stuff I have on my dresser so this little creation should help a lot!
PS- After I was done I thought  How cute would it be if I put some quilt backing under the grey fabric to give it a "cusiony" look... To late for me, but you might want to give it a try.
PSS- Um, I am kind of known in my family for my incredibly terrible spelling... so feel free to laugh at the fact that I was utterly shocked to find that there is a "P" in raspberry ... I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me!

Thank goodness for spell check!
XOXO~ Sophie

9 comments :

  1. This is darling, love the ruffles! You girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really turned out cute!! LOVE the lace. Great idea.. you're right, we could all use one of those.
    Thanks for visiting today!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving you an award on my blog! love the sistas!

    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need to make me a jewelery holder...I love the lace on yours.:) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, will soon try and send you pictures.

    http://journeyoftheincessantdieter.blogspot.com/
    http://bellagetsreal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to make an earring holder for a while now (i am also very disorganized)...i've seen the picture frame idea, but mainly as a necklace holder. LOVE the idea of putting lace in it! i'm definitely going to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt the same way about "raspberry". lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just fell in love with this idea!! Absolutely great! I tried it myself yesterday, have a look at my blog:
    http://meikestartstosew.blogspot.com/
    Unfortunatly it is in german, so that my family and friends can take a look at the things I sew, but at least you can see the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about doing an earring rack out of a frame, but I never thought of lace! I am totally going to do this!

    Born To Be Styled

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |