Christmas Jammies

Dec 29, 2010


so my kids had these super cute super WARM nightgowns from Target... fleece with long sleeves that hit just below the knee and i thought to myself "hey, i could do that"
so i did... 2 night before Christmas... i am crazy.


i used their jammies as a pattern for these longer nightgowns with a fancy ruffle... i followed the same basic idea as  THIS (but scroll down to how Dana did the pants)

basically i folded my jammies down the center and lined up the fold of my fabric to the fold of my jammies and cut around leaving a seam allowance then i folded the jammies the other way and did it again... i did something similar to the sleeves moving the jammies out of the way as i cut

for the ruffle i just cut a strip 1 1/2 to 2 times the width of the opening and gathered


no hemming required... gotta love fleece


pretty fast project, just a couple hours... and worth it i think cause they wore these jammies all day for 3 days in a row... i know, gross but so much fun...

~selina


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

6 comments :

  1. Those nightgowns are SO cute! They look very whimsical and kind of Cindy Lu Who. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those jammies!!! I want one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. You are such a sewing whiz now...jealous!!
    Syd from utah...formerly MI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. So cute! Those look fun to wear (and how often are cute clothes fun to wear?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very cute (and comfy)! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |