Fancy Cardi: For the love of bows PART 1

Sep 21, 2010

I found this plain white short sleeve cardigan for Eden at a thrift store and I wanted to embellish it in an interesting way...
I thought, A bow would look so cute, of course!
You know me.


First I cut out a long strip of mesh grey fabric about 3 1/2 inches in width.

With sewing pins attach your fabric where you want it.

Using a zig zag stitch attach the fabric to the cardi.

I added this lace on top. Really to cover up all my horrible stitching.

When I added the lace I attached one side first then puckered it and pinned it before sewing the other.

My goodness I love this girl!!
I am just DYING to try this on a "Big girl" Cardigan... SO many possibilities.

xoxo~
Soph

7 comments :

  1. I love that cardigan! Its so cute! So isn't the model!;) I can't wait to find a cardi to try it on me and my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling...and don't take this the wrong way, but I want to EAT that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a doll! she is so stinkin cute! the cardi is awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selina thanks for letting me know i linked wrong on both parties!! Haha That's what i get for blogging late at night!! What a cute tutorial, I want this cardigan for myself!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sweater on an even cuter little girl! I got your message about my bow tee-I'd be honored for you to feature it! Let me know if there's anything you need from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I want to do this on my own plain cardis! Thanks for the idea!!!


    Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! I want to make one in my size!

    ReplyDelete

we love comments!!! woo hoo!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |